.

.

8/05/2014

40 weeks...

well make that 40 weeks and 3 days to be precise. I feel like I am losing my mind!!
I had an appointment yesterday, I am 80% effaced and 4 cm dilated, which is great (and hopefully means the main event will be fairly quick), but all I can say is "BABY WHY ARE YOU TAKING SO LONG!!" They stripped my membranes as well, hoping to get something started, but as of right now, I'm still just having irregular contractions.
I am pretty immensely uncomfortable, and sleeping has become even more of a chore. I am up every 30-40 minutes, needing to eat, or pee, or because I'm hoping my water broke or I'm in labor. I am absolutely exhausted! Jared described it best when he said "There's a reason you're only supposed to be pregnant for 9 months, your body can't keep doing it!"
Luckily I am taking it easy at home, which has been good because I will periodically get very sharp pains and contractions that I can't talk through, plus I have a huge fear of my water breaking somewhere other than our house...
I am desperate to meet this stubborn little man, and getting a little scared that he is just huge...I have so many cute newborn outfits I want him to fit into! haha, of course THAT is what I'm most worried about...
I'm still trying to keep my spirits up though, it is easy to feel like he will never come and I will be pregnant forever...
I appreciate everyone's well wishes and prayers! It could be any minute now!
Also, this is literally the happiest face I could muster for this picture. I'm not exactly in the most jovial of spirits these days...

No comments :

Post a Comment