.

.

2/13/2014

This has been a much better week for me. I have had mostly good days, the headaches and nausea/no appetite hit me at about 4 in the afternoon, so I've been able to work.
I had my routine checkup yesterday, though hearing the heartbeat was great, I'm spoiled now because I bought one of these!
video

it's an at home doppler, and that really is baby Thomas' heartbeat, we listen to it almost every day, and it is so awesome! It is especially helpful on days I feel really lousy, I can find that little beat and just know it is all worth it! For those interested, it's a Sonoline B 3 mhz doppler, and I got it for $53 brand new on ebay.
We also scored this. I've had a lot of experience with pack n' plays (hello baby teacher), and I'm super picky. I had done a bunch of research on them and this brand was on my list. Lo and behold after looking at Craigslist day after day I found it! $60 for a pack n play that has all the sweet features I wanted, looks brand spanking new, and saved me a ton of money.

Also this week we got our pictures back from a session we did with Gina Smith back in November. We haven't gotten pictures done since our wedding almost 4 years ago!! I had been wanting to get pictures done before we had a "maternity shoot", since a lot of time has passed since our last ones, and was so thrilled when Gina asked if we could do a couple shoot with her, and it was so great because she took our wedding pictures too!
We had so much fun, and I love how they turned out. I got lucky and got all the proofs from the whole session to play around with (Thanks Gina!) but our favorites she touched up, and I can't wait to order big prints of some of them.




Man my husband just keeps getting better and better looking, I am one heck of a lucky girl.
At my appt yesterday we set the date four our next one, the BIG one, the 20 week ultrasound to see how the little one is growing and to find out if it will be rifles or glitter, mustaches or bows, a boy or a girl! I am so excited, March 14th will be a wonderful day!
I am being totally and completely honest when I say I will be absolutely THRILLED with a boy or a girl! I really have no qualms or hopes, I am just over the moon about our kiddo, a little boy would be so awesome, but a little girl would be wonderful as well!! Really, I'm mostly excited to find out simply so I can start buying gender biased baby stuff! If it weren't for that, I really think I could go the whole time not knowing, I've actually really thrown around the idea, but for the sake of planning, I think we will find out :)
I really really really appreciate all the kind words I have received the past week. I have such a great support system, and am so grateful for the cheerleaders in my life. I think things are getting better, I'm just so excited to EAT again!!

1 comment :

  1. Let me know if you are having a boy - I can pass along some clothes if you are interested in second hand items.

    ReplyDelete