.

.

9/15/2013

Party and Rexburg

Last Saturday night we had a big shindig at our house with a bunch of people from Jared's work and their significant others. We had about 15 people over and it was so much fun. I didn't know most of them, but it was so fun meeting everyone and getting to know new people.
We did a cookout and ate outside (in our newly FENCED backyard!!!) on our new patio furniture, then we played minute to win it games (Thanks Vanessa! We played mostly the same ones we played over Christmas!), and then sat around and visited as the sun went down.
This is the first time we have really had a party like this, and it was so fun! We will do another one soon!
 
This week I finished my second crochet blanket, I made this as a "happy going to college" gift to my sister. I love this one way more than my first one, and it went SO much faster!
Also this week I put some more blonde in my life.
Thursday I left work a little early and headed over to Rexburg to meet my parents and Nicole and to help her get settled at school. I helped her unpack that night, then we went back to Idaho Falls, where we were all staying.
Friday we went to Wal mart for school/apartment supplies and groceries for her, and then I helped her get her ID Card and she was off to her "get connected group" and to take BYUI by storm.
This was the first time I've been back to Rexburg since we moved away last April, but when I saw the temple all lit up from the highway, I may or may not have teared up a little. Boise is definitely our home, but BYUI gave me my sweetheart, so a piece of my heart will always be there.
We went out to dinner all together Friday night, and said our goodbyes, and mom, dad, and I headed back to the hotel, and left Saturday morning.
It was a quick trip, and I wished I could have stayed longer, but I'm so happy Nicole is off to a good start and I know she will love it there.
Plus I had to get home and get ready for this.
I won tickets to a live stream of tonight's breaking bad downtown at the Egyptian theater, hosted by Aaron Paul, who plays Jesse Pinkman. We Cannot WAIT!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment