.

.

4/07/2013

What a year.

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of us never going to school again. Woo hoo!. haha. Last April 6th we graduated from BYU-Idaho together, and two days later packed up the moving truck and drove 4 hours to Boise. I cannot believe it's been a year. It seems incredibly long, and incredibly short at the same time.
This has been a HUGE year for us! It is crazy to think of all the changes we've gone through.
We've graduated, moved to Boise, got a puppy, went to Louisiana, headed to Salt Lake for Ethan and Kaytlin's wedding, went to the Caribbean on our cruise, I went through three jobs, we went to Colorado for Thanksgiving, we sold our lease, we BOUGHT A HOUSE, we went to North Carolina for Christmas, and DC for Mariah and Jonny's wedding, Jared switched jobs, we bought a truck, and now we are landscaping our back yard. Phew. I'm tired just writing that, I've been exhausted all year! (queue random pictures from the year...)






We have been incredibly blessed. As we are approaching our third anniversary next month, it is amazing to think of everything we have been through together in that short time. I couldn't have dreamed of a better partner in crime. He is my biggest blessing.
As we listed to our prophet's voice this weekend I am overcome with gratitude for the way this year turned out. When we moved to Boise, I felt lonely, and scared, and pretty sad. I had been hired for a job that immediately laid me off, then after 6 weeks of job searching I was hired for the most horrible job with some pretty lousy people, and quit a month and a half after that. At that point I was so frustrated, and sad. I was so happy to get my job at Great Beginnings (I remember telling Julia, my boss, when she hired me, that I was going to cry!) and 7 months later, I have friends! (I sound like a total loner...haha) What I mean is, it is hard to move to a new place where you don't know anyone, but I am grateful for the wonderful group of women I get to work with every day, and the darling babies who crawl and hobble to me as fast as they can when I walk in the door to give me hugs and kisses.
So here's to another great year. I have absolutely. no. idea. what this year has in store for us, but I'm excited to see it unfold!

No comments :

Post a Comment