.

.

3/17/2013

ahhh weekend.

After an absolutely almost unbearably busy two weeks this weekend was long awaited. We didn't have any plans laid out, but I was just excited to sleep!
Thursday my sweet little Lily got spayed. I was nervous to leave her at the vet (especially because she does this thing when she's scared where she climbs up onto my shoulder and hides behind my neck...) but she did great, and she came home and just looked royally pathetic in her cone, and kept throwing me "how could you do this to me?" glances.
Friday at work we had a delicious "dip" potluck for my boss Julia's birthday, and for St. Patrick's day. Friday was the longest shift I've ever had at Great Beginnings, working from 7:15 a.m.-6:00 p.m. with an hour break. PHEW! Then Friday night I went and babysat one of my babies from work, and his older sister. SO needless to say by Friday night at about 11 p.m. I was absolutely spent.
Yesterday morning (after waking up at 6:45 a.m. dang Trimble curse...most of my mom's side of the family is unable to ever sleep in...) I was thrilled to find an Ulta package waiting for me and spent the morning playing make-up dress up with my new things from Ulta and Sephora, while watching Tim Riggins Friday Night Lights.
Then in the afternoon it got GORGEOUS outside, and we went in the backyard and laid out our landscaping plans for the next few months. We have lots of big project ahead of us, but I am excited to see how it turns out. For the record...these are the "before" pictures....

so yes, quite the empty canvas. 
We cleaned out the garage, and had the windows open, I am loving this early Spring! Then Jared said he had a date planned for us so we got ready and took off. We went to a sushi restaurant we've never been to called Kyoto, and I had some of the best sushi. It was simple, non-fishy, and absolutely delicious!
Then we got back in the car and I had no idea where Jared was driving, when we pulled up to Dave and Buster's for a night of games!
We had so much fun, and I got the Jackpot on one of the games, winning like 400 tickets! We raced cars and played wheel of fortune and had so much fun together. Then with our winnings I got Lily a monkey stuffed animal, and I got a "Dave and Buster's" tumbler, and Jared got some candy.
I'm so glad we live in a city with so many fun things to do and discover, I love this place, and I love our house!

No comments :

Post a Comment