.

.

7/19/2012

It's that time of year again...

Last year Jared and I were able to take a roadtrip of a lifetime, we had a phenomenal time and still can't believe we were able to take off for a whole month just to tour around the western United States.
A dream of mine has always been to lounge on as many exotic beaches as I can, and this is coming from someone who, up until last week, has never owned a passport. That's right, I've never been one step outta this country, but I dream and dream!
So since we got married we have half-planned several exotic vacations, that just never ended up working out. But, this summer, it is happening. I get to use my passport, we are going on a cruise!!
Originally we were going to go to Playa del Carmen, Mexico to an all-inclusive resort for a week, but after airfare doubled, we looked at other options. Cruises didn't really appeal to me, because I feel like everyone takes the same cruise to the same places. But during my vacation searching I came across a cruise titled "5 day exotic eastern Caribbean cruise". Exotic! That had to be different! Then come to find out, there was a dip in airfare to Miami the same time as the cruise, so our vouchers we got from Louisiana would totally cover it. And since Jared and I came "this close" to moving to Miami, we decided it deserved to be part of the vacation too, so we organized the whole thing. On September 1st we fly to Miami, and stay at a Miami Beach ocean front hotel, then on the 3rd we board the ship and head to Grand Turk, Caribbean, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas. Then back to Miami on September 8th to fly home.
I have never taken a trip like this and I can hardly wait, it's only 46 days away!!!
Plus, between now and then, we have a huge event, Jared's brother Ethan is marrying his sweet fiance Kaytlin, next month, so we get to go down to Salt Lake and spend time with Jared's family, which hasn't been all together since 2006, and some of whom we haven't seen since Christmas of 2010. I have a whole new nephew to meet and everything!
So we are pretty excited, and I am totally in full planning mode. We are picking our beach excursions today, so snorkel trips, sting ray encounters, and parasailing are all in the future!
Aside from this, life has calmed down. Last weekend Jared graciously came with me on a Young Women's campout, where he presided as the priesthood leader. That was a ton of fun. Then Saturday we headed downtown, our favorite place, and watched a huge bike race. Biking is incredibly popular in Boise, and there are a ton of bike race tours that come through, and neither of us had been to any. Here's how it went.
Oh cool, there's the huge motorcycle police lead, and here are the bikers, oh hey Jared take a picture of me....
now that is a startled face, they came by so close to the place we were standing, the could literally take off a hand or arm if placed at all over the railing. So I stayed firmly behind it the rest of the evening. Then it started pouring and we saw a bunch of bloodied up bikers from falling on the wet pavement. Needless to say, attending bike races is definitely a great activity. Oh and look, a rainbow over Jared's office building. Semi-ironic.
and this squirrel was high comedy. Last week, Boise was the hottest place in the country. Really. Hotter than Texas and Florida and everywhere else in the United States, we made national news. While we get to curl up in our lovely air conditioning, all a squirrel has to do is plank the fence to find a little bit of shade. He didn't even run when I came like a foot away to take a picture. He evaluated it was too hot, and he would take the risk I guess.

1 comment :

  1. Wish we had known about your grand plans sooner, we might have gone with you! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete