.

.

5/15/2012

a weekend with Skyler

Last Thursday my brother came over to Boise to visit us. We were so excited to see him, we miss having him just up the road. He got here Thursday night, and we took him for scones at Merritt's just down the road. Friday Jared had work off so we headed to the mall (the boys' absolute favorite thing...)and went to Target to get a present for Ross and Chelsey's reception that night. The reception was so pretty, Ross' mom did such a good job making it pretty and delicious. After the Avengers, me, Skyler, and Shawn went to see the Avengers. Ok. I did not like Thor, Captain America, or the Hulk on their own. The Avengers was one of my all time favorite movies. I can't wait to see it again! Afterward we headed home, and Shawn stayed with us that night. Saturday morning we had French toast, then the boys went to Game Stop (a diversion...) and while they were gone I birthdayed up the house for Skyler. He was so surprised! Then we went to a field to let Lily run around and of course to toss around a frisbee. We came back and had a lunch of oreo cheesecake and IBC rootbeer (Skyler's favorite). Then we went to the old Idaho State Penitentiary. This place was featured on Ghost Adventures (yeah, that show I totally hate), but that episode is really cool, and supposedly it is totally haunted, and I believe it, some pretty gruesome stuff happened there! It was a really cool place, and our tour guide was this old guy that was a prison guard somewhere else, but he knew so many stories, it was so interesting! After the penitentiary we drove up to table rock to show Skyler all of Boise, then we drove around the 2 million dollar homes up on the hill. I found my dream home, so everyone look out, it's 1.2 million. =] Saturday night we took Skyler to the Piper pub and grill downtown for a birthday dinner. We ate way too much, and it was so delicious! Sadly Skyler had to leave Sunday morning, but for good reason, he met with his Stake president to finish getting his mission papers in!! We are so proud of him and all his hard work, and we are anxiously awaiting his mission call! I will post in the next few days about my first few days of my awesome job, and how crazy blessed we are, it is like blowing my mind right now how much Heavenly Father is helping us and hearing our prayers.

No comments :

Post a Comment