.

.

5/02/2012

Two Income Family

Basically we are crazy blessed.
Yesterday I found out I got the job I have been waiting 2 weeks to hear about.
But I will back up...this is a great story.
The secretary at Jared's work is named Moriah. When I met her and she found out I had a little cooking website she said that her sister-in-law and her sister-in-law's-sister ran this huge couponing site, and maybe she could mention my little website to them to get a little honorable mention. Later Moriah showed Jared the site, called Hip2save.com, seriously it is a huge website.
So Jared came home and showed me, and I totally loved it.
Fast forward 2 weeks, after lots of unproductive applications and sent resumes, I found an ad on Craigslist for a personal assistant. In the ad the woman said worked at home and I didn't know what she did, but it sounded promising so I sent my resume and a link to my website for her to get to know me better personally. Well I got an email back from her, and the address' domain was @hip2save.com
No. Way.
Come to find out, the lady, her name is Collin, is (wait for it...) Moriah's Sister-in-law's Sister. Bizarre right!?!
So last week I met Collin and her husband for an interview, and totally clicked. Then she emailed me and said after interviewing a ton of people, she narrowed it down to me and one other girl, and she wanted me to come in this week to work with her current personal assistant.
So I went in on Monday and had a great day, and the other girl went in yesterday. Well I got an email from Collin in the afternoon that said I got the job, and that I was a great fit!
I am so excited, this is such a huge blessing. Losing the other job was the best thing that could've happened, and I knew it was going to work out. I will be working twice the hours the other place was offering me, and making about twice as much. Jared and I will be doubling our income, which is just so awesome. We are so ready to work and save.
There was an article on Yahoo last week that said half of all 2012 college graduates will be unemployed or underemployed, and Jared and I both are fully employed, working full time, and making real life salaries.
So anyway, this is a great opportunity, working with one of the biggest couponing sites in the world, really. I do more personal things for Collin, and less with the website, but I might have the opportunity to work with the site as time goes on. This is just meant to be!
In other news Jared is doing great at work, and really enjoys it. Little Lily is just my little baby, I'll put on some pictures of her at the end of this post, of course.
Oh and Skyler is working on his mission papers!! He turns 19 next week, and is actually coming out to see us. I am so excited, I have missed my brother so much! So this Sunday he should have all of his papers in, and get his call in the next month. This is so wonderful I am so proud of him and how dedicated he has been.
So I have a week and a half of free life before working 45 hours a week. I'm going to enjoy it! But I am ready to get productive!
Thanks for everyone's support and love, and prayers! They worked!
And now for Lily...haha. This is my new favorite picture in the whole universe:





2 comments :

  1. Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Shannon!! I love Hip2Save...it is an awesome website! I had to laugh when you mentioned it because it is a blog that I check out quite a bit. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete