.

.

8/04/2011

Roadtrip stop #4: Pismo Beach/Ridgecrest

So then Monday (8/1) we left Morro Bay early in the morning and headed to (drumroll please) Pismo Beach!! This is probably the day I have been looking forward to the most. I haven't been to my Pismo since 2007 and it definitely has been way too long. We started off the day with a walk down the pier. Oh my gosh it was gorgeous!! It wasn't foggy at all, and it was so warm (...well, for Pismo) but I was so excited!
Then we went and rented some wetsuits, and actually ended up buying some boogie boards so we can use them a lot. It was really funny, the guys who rented us the wetsuits used to live in Jackson, WY, and he found out we were from Rexburg and was asking all these questions about Ricks haha. Anyway, then we went boogie boarding! I was afraid the freezing water would be too much for Jared, who is used to hot southern beaches, but he loved it, and as embarrassed I am to admit it, he caught more waves than I did! It was so much fun, and we had our great camera Jared's mom got us for Christmas, that is waterproof, so we took a few videos! Here is one, we saw a seal a few times, and we catch a wave! There is sound, it's just kinda quiet, you just have to turn it up!

After boogie boarding we headed into town and walked around, and I showed Jared my favorite places. We had clam chowder in bread bowls for lunch, and it was soooo delicious. Then we went to the Salt Water Taffy store for candied apples afterwards.
It was so great, and I'm sad we couldn't spend more time there, but it was just perfect, and got us excited for when we go back there next summer with my family!
So around 2 we headed out of Pismo and went to Ridgecrest, which quite frankly is in the middle of nowhere, but my awesome aunt and uncle Becky and Gary live there, and I wanted to see them and have them meet Jared!
It was very hot once we got there, but it was so great to see family. Their 3 kids (6, 4, and 2) are stinking adorable, and we had so much fun hanging out with them and getting to know them better, though they feel more like our nephew and nieces than my cousins! Also, they have the cutest little pug. His name is Naughty.
Oh and look at this sign they had hanging in their living room, isn't this the cutest thing ever?

So we spent the night there, and stayed with them the next day (8/2) and went swimming with them. Seeing Jared play with the kids so well gave me such a great peek into our future with our kids. He is so awesome with kids, and they just adored him. We headed to a pizza place for lunch, and then they actually left out of town, and they were so nice they let us stay there that night too. We had so much fun and we are so grateful we have such great family!

No comments :

Post a Comment