.

.

3/23/2011

So blessed

Well I feel like I have had a pretty rough week, well...like 3 weeks haha. I have been ridiculously busy, Jared has been working nonstop (which is a blessing, but still so hard). And we have been dealing with this stupid car business...so I guess that is where I will start
We have already purchased our nice Nissan Altima, and my sweet generous Uncle has been working on it for like 2 months now. However, it seems like every week a new problem is found, and we just can't spend anymore...we don't have it!! So yesterday Jared gets a picture message from Ramon and it is this twisted melted looking piece of metal that apparently is the car's central computer system. Apparently when it was in its wreck, battery acid leaked on the computer, and it is toast. Cost to buy a new computer? $700...on top of the other thousands of dollars. So we are trying to figure out what to do, but chances are we will be selling back the car, and will live off of the moped for a little while.
OOOOHHH speaking of the ped. I love the thing, but it has been a PAIN in our butts and our wallets. A few weeks ago I was driving it home from school and it would not go over 12 mph (which is difficult when you are driving on streets that have a 25 mph speed limit.) Someone pulled up next to me and said my back tire was like completely flat, and that I should get off the road. Well thanks kind citizen. So Jared took the wheel off, and took it into the place, and not only was the tire totally flat, but the rim was bent because SOMEONE soooo competent (that would be ME) rode it with a flat tire. SO we had to fix that. Then, for the last few months the starter hasn't been working, so we've been having to kick-start it, which is a HUGEEE pain. I can only do it about a third of the time, because you have to kick it at the right angle and it is so hard! So I would get it started, ride it to school, then go to start it and I just couldn't do it, and Jared would have to come save me. So that was just a matter of getting a new battery, which we did, and I LOVE the ped so much more when I can automatically start it, but still, another wallet dent...
And oh yes....I love that terrifying feeling of panic and hopelessness when on the school finances it says how much you owe for next semester's tuition...and it is about 20 times as much as you have in your bank account right now...Best feeling ever.
However, though we have gone through trials in the last few weeks I do have to say the flip side, and this is just a couple of aspects i feel like I was blessed with.
1. I have never felt the Spirit more strongly in my entire life. I am reading my scriptures every night and really getting into them. I have questions, and write notes in the sides, and follow footnotes, and it is wonderful. I am saying my prayers faithfully (because I need all the help I can get!) and just relying on Heavenly Father so much. I am also about to go to the temple by myself for the first time (while Jared is working) and I am so grateful the temple is two blocks away, I have been excited to go all week long.
2. I am always complaining to Jared that I feel like I don't have friends. I mean, yeah, I have friends from back home I talk to on the phone once every other week, and I talk to my sister once in a while, and mostly I talk to my mom, but I mean friends here. I feel like every really good friend I've had here has left! (thanks Aubrey and Stephanie!!! haha). So over the last few weeks, and also praying about this, I have had an outpouring of friendship rain on me.
Sweet Tara Hibbard made time out of her busy day to come talk to me about something totally dumb (haha) but it was so nice to talk to her, and she is just so kind. She made me feel so much better that day.
Also, AMAZING Mallory Ling. I was having a really rough day last Friday, and in class I mentioned I wanted to sit on my couch, eat an entire bag of chips and watch Grey's anatomy for like 8 hours. After class I get a knock on my door and there is lovely Mallory with a bag of bbq chips, willing to spend a few hours talking with me. She completely cheered me up, and it was so nice opening up to her.
Plus I got to spend like 2 hours talking to my amazing sister last week, which was so nice, and sweet Stephanie Hatfield who is still one of my greatest friends, even if she is far away, and always makes sure I am doing alright.
I just step back and look at the people in my life and realize I have so many great people. Not to mention a great husband. Even though I have had a really rough go of it lately, I have so many support systems and I am so thankful for that, because I definitely could not do this alone.
I love you all!

1 comment :

  1. Sorry to hear about your rough time... I am excited to come back to Rexburg for the Spring, and I will be in Desperate need of friends because Pat will not be with me! So we should hang out then! :o)

    ReplyDelete