.

.

3/06/2011

I am employed!!

Well finally, for the first time in 2 years, I have a job!! Woo hoo!! I have been applying all over like crazy and filling out applications and running all over town, but for my job all I had to do was email in a resume (which Jared spent about an hour helping me put together), they called me in for an interview on Thursday, and yesterday they called!! So I am a Brigham Young University-Idaho Tour Guide. I will be doing tours for visiting elementary, middle, and high schools, alumni, visiting general authorities, and anyone else who is not a prospective student, that's a different department (but for those of you who are thinking about coming to byui and want a tour, I'm still a good option so let me know!!). So I am super excited. I start training next week, and I can finally start making some money! Plus it's a job that has nothing to do with the food industry thank goodness, that was my only stipulation!
Other than becoming a working girl...hehe...this week has flown by. I have been bombarded with homework, and I've been trying to finish it all for next week too because the Bridal Floral show is next Saturday (please come!!!). I am going to be crazy busy, because of the committee I'm on I haven't had to do any work until the week of the show, and that will be a lot. I have to be there every day, but it will be so fun and it will all be worth it! I'll make sure to take a lot of pictures for those of you who don't live in Rexburg.
Friday night we were able to hang out with Peter, Tara, Ross, and Shawn, and it was so fun. Jared and I feel like we've been kind of anti social this semester because we have been so busy, but we love our friends and I'm so glad we have such good ones. We just played scene it and watched "Devil", and it was so nice! But we miss all of our friends who aren't here!! Plus we cannot wait for family to come here, just 5 weeks until Mariah and Ethan come out...and I can FINALLY meet my brother in law!!
Well I don't know how much any of you care, but here are more flowers from this week. I love taking pictures of them and adding them to my portfolio. These I did in groups, so I'll have to give my partners a lot of credit, but it's a cool technique. This is for wedding or big event work, and this is when the client wants to use big tall vases. You take cellophane paper and scrunch it up in the bottom, then decorate the inside, then when you fill it with water, it looks like crushed ice! Then you just make a normal centerpiece design on a dish that sits on the top. This is much more affordable than filling the whole vase, and looks nice and high-end!
Here's the top of one, I love this one!! This was done by me, Tia, Nick, and Ashley-

Here's the whole thing! Doesn't that look awesome on the bottom??


This is a different one, that Sarah and I did-the top-more garden-like


I like the inside of the vase of this one! And there's cellophane at the bottom too, I just couldn't get it in the picture


Alright I love you all, have a wonderful week! And I hope to see a lot of you at the floral show! Saturday in the Benson from 1-5, just come by any time between then!

No comments :

Post a Comment