.

.

2/16/2010

Thanksgiving in Colorado


Jared and I had been dating about a month when the idea of Thanksgiving came up. He was going to have to spend it in Rexburg all alone, so i threw out the idea of him coming home with me to Colorado. This was just going to be casual, nothing formal, more of just hanging out so he wouldn't have to spend Thanksgiving all alone. He ended up finding a plane ticket for $170 and got it, and it worked out really well.
Going home and meeting my family was...interesting. Firstly, I was broke (haha...was....more like am...) and I couldn't take Jared to do very much, so I'm sure he was bored out of his mind that week. Secondly, Jared had never really "met the parents" of any girl, so he didn't know exactly how it would go. And last, we had never had any of my boyfriends stay in my house before, nonetheless a return missionary. It was kind of a really weird situation and week for everyone, but it really brought me and Jared closer. We were able to just talk for long periods of time, and really get to know each other better. He was able to see how I interacted with my family, and I was able to see how he interacted with them as well. It was a really cool experience and I'm still so glad he could have come home with me that week.
The video below was a spoof music video Jared and I made with my siblings. Damon was DYING to make a video, so my mom begged us to make one with him...

No comments :

Post a Comment