.

.

2/16/2010

Christmas Spent Apart...








After Thanksgiving, Jared and I just kept growing closer. It was like all the walls came down and we were letting ourselves fall for each other. There were three weeks left in the semester and they were awesome. The last weekend before break we went sledding with all of Jared's roommates, and it was one of the funnest nights I'd had the whole semester. The next day we took the Salt Lake Express down to Utah, I said goodbye to Jared and got off at the airport, he would be flying to NC the next day. Going home, it was nice to see my family, but the longest Jared and I had been apart our whole relationship was two days, and the two weeks over Christmas felt like forever. Absence really made our hearts grow fonder.
Before break Jared wasn't really planning on spending a lot of time talking to me and texting me, but by the third day apart, we were talking more than we'd talked the whole time we had been together. I think he missed me =]. This was the first time the idea of marriage was actually thrown around. I remember vividly a text I got from Jared during church, telling me that he had seen a few newlywed couples with babies in his home ward, and could imagine that being us. When I read that I could barely breathe I was so ecstatic.
The last four days of the break I spent in West Jordan, Utah, with my grandparents. Even though I loved spending time with them, those were some of the longest days of my life. I would lay in bed crying, just missing Jared so badly. But all the hurt and missing him was completely worth it when I saw him.
My Grandpa and I went to the Salt Lake airport to pick Jared up, and sitting in the car waiting for that call to tell me he was there I could not sit still. When he called and said he was in the pickup lane, I jumped out of the car to find him. I ran down the sidewalk, and when I saw him I swear my heart stopped beating. He dropped his luggage and just sprinted towards me. It was like a movie, I jumped in his arms and just breathed him in, and it was perfect. We got into the car and sat in the back, and I didn't let him go for a second. We just kept smiling and giggling, I will never forget that feeling, being reunited with him, it felt like I was flying.
When we got to my grandparents house, I helped Jared take his luggage down to his room. He set it down, took my face in my hands and said "I didn't want to say it in front of everyone, but I wanted to tell you I love you, I love you so much". Saying "I love you too", I could barely talk and I just flung my arms around him. It was perfect, he was perfect.
I think we said "I love you" about a thousand times over the next 24 hours as we rode up to school and I got moved into my apartment. This new semester was going to be different, it was now kind of Me and Jared against the world, and there's no one else I would have rather been best friends with.

No comments :

Post a Comment